Cloudbeds is a travel SaaS technology company that works to make the world a more welcoming place. Heavily leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS), we build advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We’re looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry and love to travel as much as we do.
As a Principal Engineer at Cloudbeds, you will drive our Salesforce data architecture and implementation enabling our global sales pipeline in 160 countries. Managing data ingress and egress to and from our internal platforms and external partners, you will empower our front-line revenue generators to focus on what they do best - selling! While keeping scalability, performance, usability, and security top of mind, you will collaborate closely with leadership, data, reporting, and BI teams to lead our salesforce implementation. You excel in project and stakeholder management, with significant hands-on experience developing within Salesforce. You are happy to contribute to high-level strategy, but also ready and willing to jump into and focus the details. As the Principal Engineer of Salesforce implementation at Cloudbeds, you will have endless opportunities to innovate and drive the industry leading, comprehensive, and global sales pipeline for travel.
Location: Western Europe (Remote)
What You Will Do:
- Lead software and data strategy on our Salesforce implementation.
- Own Salesforce data architecture, technology, and workflows.
- Collaborate with our sales and customer success teams to capture and translate our Salesforce vision into an actionable strategy and roadmaps, and own execution.
- Collaborate with data, reporting, and business intelligence teams to develop a cohesive salesforce data strategy aligning with our company-wide data strategy.
- Drive quality, performance, alignment, and efficiency within Salesforce.
- Improve and direct visibility and quality of Salesforce to increase engineering ownership and advancements through metrics, logging, and other strategies.
- Re-architect and re-factor existing systems to align with project requirements.
- Write clean, well-documented, and beautiful code.
You’ll Succeed With:
- Bachelor’s or greater degree in computer science or related field.
- 7+ years experience developing software applications.
- 5+ years experience with Salesforce development, architecture, configuration, and management.
- 3+ years experience leading Salesforce projects for AWS cloud-native SaaS companies.
- Strong business sense and ability to collaborate with leadership and non-technical stakeholders on highly visible projects.
- Expert experience developing with Salesforce technologies (Lightning, APEX, Visualforce, SOQL, SOSL, JS, HTML).
- Expert experience developing with Salesforce data storage and delivery technologies.
- Strong experience developing with relational and non-relational databases (RDS, MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis).
- Strong knowledge of data lake, data warehousing, and ETL/ELT concepts.
- Expert experience developing data-first architectures.
- Expert experience developing with APIs (Salesforce, REST, OpenAPI, GraphQL, API Gateways).
- Expert experience implementing test automation within Salesforce.
- Expert knowledge and a passion for software architectures and design patterns.
- Salesforce certifications: Application Architect, Data Architect, Identity & Access Management Designer, and Administrator.
- Strong leadership, communication, and time management skills.
- Experience working in agile software development environments.
- A passion for and an ability to thrive in fast paced environments
- A passion for documentation and clear architecture diagrams.
- Ability to work remotely and effectively manage your time.
- Advanced English verbal and written skills.
Nice to Have:
- Experience engineering with AWS services.
- Experience with modern programming languages (Go, Python, NodeJS).
- Salesforce Certified Data Architecture and Management Designer.
- Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer.
- Salesforce Certified Platform AppBuilder Certification.
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle & Deployment Designer certification.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open vacation policy and the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. We are also dedicated to your personal and professional development at Cloudbeds. You will have access to over 10,000 courses within LinkedIn Learning when you join our team for your individual growth! If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Deloitte’s North America Technology Fast 500 (2019)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018 & 2019)
- Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes
Powered by JazzHR